Saturday, January 5, 2008

And I'm Off

So, it has finally set in - I will be gone for six weeks beginning in just a few hours. I leave at 0035 on the red-eye to fly back to Fort Jackson, SC for my initial military training in the Army. I am nervous, excited, scared, melancholy at the thought of leaving my wife and kids. I miss them already and they are right here with me.

I walked around all day today in a fog as I thought about leaving. "Am I forgetting anything? This is the last time for six weeks that I will walk on my new patio. Last night was the last time I will get to put my kids to bed for six weeks. Did I take care of everything so it will be easier on Becky?" I just pray that it all goes well while I am gone.

I am excited to be doing this because I see the tremendous spiritual growth ahead. There is absolutely no way I could do this on my own. I am completely relying on God to get me through this training and I trust that He will.

So for this New Year, I hope and pray that all who read this will be safe and happy, and know the peace that comes from knowing God. Happy New Year and God Bless!

No comments: